- Excellence in terms of teaching, researching and outreach
- More than 3.500 undergraduate students and almost 2.000 graduate students received their diplomas here
- Opportunities for students in 2 Junior Enterprises and 7 Competition Teams
- About 95% of Faculty Staff is comprised by PhDs
- One of the best undergraduate course in the area in Brazil, having received the highest grade possible from the Ministry of Education
- With minimum duration of 10 semesters, the course offers, in its basic cycle, disciplines related to Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and Computing
- In its second cycle, the course focuses on specific matters as: Vibrations and Acoustics, Aerodynamics, Machining, Welding, Robotics etc.
- Introduced Graduate Studies at UFSC in 1969, with the first Master´s Course at the institution, in Mechanical Engineering
- In 1981, the program included also a Doctoral´s Course.